Wedding season is in full swing and we really do have an extra special Northern Ireland Wedding Supplier for you this week! The fab LMD! If you’ve been living under a rock and don’t know who Louise McDonnell (LMD) is she is one of Northern Ireland’s leading makeup artists and is the proprietor of two salons one based in Portglenone and the other in Magherfelt. The salon’s specialise in Wedding makeup & hair and offer a call out service on the morning of your wedding. Louise has beautified the likes of Suzanne Jackson (So Sue Me – Irish Blogger) and Lauren Goodger (Only Way is Essex) so you know you’ll be in safe hands. Her makeup skills aren’t the only reason why she has such a huge online following, undoubtedly her down to earth personality and genuine love for what she does shines through in everything she is a part of.
So lets get to know a little bit more about Louise!
Tell our readers a fun fact about yourself?
I started my makeup business in my utility room 8 years ago! (Now she has over 46,000 likes on Facebook, a fully booked diary and two salons!)
What do you do in your spare time?
Post on Snap Chat (follow Louise on Snap Chat – username “officiallmd”), relax at home and spend time with my family.
What are your top 3 F.A.Q’s (and answers)?
1.How did you get so good at doing makeup?
Practice, practice, practice! (LMD follows
2.What age are you?
3. What are your favourite foundations for a flawless base?
- Dry skin – Illamasqua skin base
- Oily/Normal skin – Mac studio fix
What are biggest Bridal makeup trends for 2017/2018?
Timeless & flawless makeup which enhances the natural beauty of the bride. The most on trend lip colours are pink, nudes with a brown undertone, plum and red.
How much should brides budget for Hair & Makeup on their big day?
Always pay for quality over quantity, pay for the best you can afford.
Do you have any beauty advice for up and coming brides/bridal parties?
- Drink loads & loads of water for at least 8 months before to hydrate skin
- Know your skin type to give this information to your makeup artist
- See a skin care specialist to give you the best advice on how to prep your skin for the big day
- For your trial turn up with your desired tan you would like for your big day so you can get an exact foundation colour matched
- On the day of the wedding, wash skin, add a serum and LMD will take care of the rest! 😉